Saturday, June 07, 2008

The DAT

I just got home from taking the DAT. It went well, but not quite what I had hoped for. Overall, I scored a 20. That is pretty good but I was hoping for a 21 or 22. Every section I did fairly well on, except for one...quantitative reasoning. This was the section I was most worried about because it all depends on the questions. The ones I got were stinking hard. Besides that all went realativly well. A breakdown of the scores goes like this. (as if any of you care).

Academic Average................19
PAT.........................................21
Total Science..........................19
Biology.....................................18
Gen Chem...............................19
O-Chem..................................20
Reading Comprehension.......21
Quantitative Reasoning........17

As you can tell, the QR stunk. Bio was disapointing, and the PAT (perceptual ability) was also a little disapointing. I thought I totally rocked it and scored a 23, but not so. The rest were about what I expected. Overall, I think my scores will get me into a school somewhere and that is all we can ask for, and now my summer really begins. NO more DAT, that's right, NO MORE DAT!!!!!!! Say it with me NO MORE DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Alright, let me just say that a 20 is a good score. I know you are a little disappointed, but you still rocked it! You are soooo smart and very humble. I am so proud of you and am happy we can party hard now!!

Tyler said...

Congrats young gosling! DAT is a real accomplishment DAT you should be proud of.

Megan said...

NO MORE DAT GOOSE! I am very proud of you and if you make it into CU we might be going to the same school together in two years. Werid huh?

Dad said...

Little Gosling,
I did not mean to ignore your post. In fact, I took them over to Dr. Secrist and he was impressed with them. Said you will have no problem getting into a school. He suggested (naturally) Des Moines, Rochester and Creighton. I vote for CU. You must use the Force Goose to play Jedi mind tricks on the admissions committee to allow the little Gosling into CU.

Way to go. You are way smarter than your Dad....although not nearly as wise!!

Dad