Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Garden

A lot of people have been wondering what our garden is looking like these days. Well, I am happy to report that everything is going well.. We picked our first squash today and they were huge. Our "Mortgage Lifter" tomatoes, yes that is their name, are looking real good as well as the rest of the tomatoes. The peppers are starting to come in as well. We have a few banana peppers that are about ready to pick, but the rest need a little more time. Just look at the pictures below and you will know what I mean.


Here is the first squash that I picked from our garden.


A proud farmer and her squash.



Couldn't wait to cook it. Can you blame her? Look at how fresh they are.


A look at the whole garden.

The pumpkin plant that is going to deliver a 500 pound pumpkin!! If not 500 punds, then at least 10 pounds.

The lone corn plant, but by far the largest corn plant I have seen in town. We will get at least 2 heads of corn from it. It's the best.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Love it! The garden has been our "baby." We are so proud of it.

Matthew said...

Your garden is lush and vibrant. I wish I had one like it. I can tell it will provide you with some good eats. Them zukes look tasty.

Have to question the pumpkin plant though. Not only does a pumpkin plant tend to take over the entire garden, but the pumpkins are hardly edible. I mean, when was the last time you ate a pumpkin? Granted you can carve a nice jack-o-lantern if one grows big enough, but I don't recall ever being able to grow one big enough to make a decent jack-o-lantern.

And if you did manage to grow a 500-pounder, what would you do with it? Nothing like the smell of 500 lbs of rotting pumpkin flesh to get the landlord on yr tail.

I'm just sayin.

Angie said...

Hey, we sure enjoyed the squash and zucchini (sp?) you gave us when you were here. We're so happy that you had greater success with your garden than we did with ours. There's always next year, right?